Saturday, June 12, 2010

Week 8 Share Contents & Usage Summary


Snow Peas- sauteed with scallions, served over couscous with squash

Squash- pan seared, served over couscous with snowpeas

Scallions- in salads, sauteed with snowpeas, in flank steak marinade

Lettuce- salads

Chinese Cabbage- as a bed for pan-fried ravioli

Arugula / Endive mix- in salads

Turnips- roasted with onions, garlic and rosemary

Cucumbers- in salads


And, as always, eggs.


I just had to document the color of this farm share egg's yolk. The photo does not show how incredibly red it was. Below is the resulting omelet with applewood smoked uncured bacon and tossed Graceland Farm greens.




Above is a salad that I'm into lately: Whole Foods ground beef seasoned with Essence (I cook it the way Ortega says to cook taco meat, which is probably the first cooking technique I ever mastered) over dressed salad greens, served with cucumbers, shredded cheddar, and tortilla chips. I think the ideal lettuce for this salad is crunch romaine.

As for normal tossed salads, instead of roasted pepitas, I'm currently topping them with toasted shaved almonds. Change is good.


No comments:

Post a Comment