Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Weekly Summary (week #2)

Here is a concise summary of how I used up Week #2's vegetables:

  • cilantro- in guacamole (my non-local indulgence)
  • dill- in egg salad and on roasted potatoes
  • radishes- in egg salad and on a few salads (forgot to use the greens; they became compost)
  • red spring onions- on a few salads (sliced or julienned), in egg salad, and in stock
  • Cantonese bok choy - in a tasty soup
  • mizuna- in pesto that I used on pizza, in pasta, and in mayonnaise
  • Chinese cabbage (Michili)- in garlic/rice wine stir-fry
  • lettuce- in a few salads
  • salad mix (spinach, arugula, cress, arugula)- in a few salads

3 comments:

  1. Thanks, Victoria. I will be following this excellent blog. We just joined our first CSA, and deliveries start next Thurs!! Jill (from college, Ann's friend)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for joining a CSA! Thanks for checking out my blog. Btw, your my friend too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right you are. I was just trying to distinguish myself from about five other Jills I knew from college :)

    ReplyDelete