Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Roasted new potatoes with dill


I heart my steamer.
I love the whole concept of "set it and forget it"- at least for 20 minutes.

Timesaver trick: steam a few pounds of potatoes at once. Then during the week, as you need them, all you'll need to do is toss them in olive oil, salt and pepper, and crisp them in a 425 degree toaster oven for about 5 minutes. Place them all cut side up so they can all turn pretty and golden.

Finish the potatoes by sprinkling on some fresh herbs (I used Graceland Farm dill), sea salt, and freshly ground black pepper.
Voila, a terribly easy starchy side dish!


2 comments:

  1. Awesome idea! :) Never thought of potatoes in the steamer before. Thanks for the yummy time saver.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to be of help :) It's a trick I learned from when I worked at Whole Foods. We used the steamers a lot!

    ReplyDelete