Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Egg Salad with Radish, Scallions & Dill


Since I receive eggs with my share, I could call this "farm share sandwich!" It's a great way to use eggs, radishes, scallions, and dill. Egg salad isn't the prettiest mixture to photograph, but do check out the deep yellow color from the farm eggs.

I was out of greens when I made this recipe. This was a disappointment because I would have preferred to place a scoop of the egg salad on a big bed of greens. As you can see from previous posts, there has been an abundance of refined carbs in my diet lately.

This recipe is roughly based on a Cooks Illustrated recipe of the same name. I swapped the celery for more scallions and added more radishes (although it's not evident in the photograph). I prefer to gently add the dressing to the eggs in small amounts, as needed, because I dislike when I end up with a salad that is too wet.

Egg Salad with Radish, Scallions & Dill

1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
freshly ground black pepper
4 scallions, sliced thinly
6 medium radishes, minced
1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
6 large eggs- hard-boiled and diced

Mix together the mayonnaise, Dijon, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Combine the scallions, radishes, dill, and diced eggs. Gently fold half of the dressing into the egg mixture. Add more dressing as necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment