Monday, August 9, 2010

Panzanella Salad


Panzanella
salad is such a treat this time of year!

All I do is:
  • chop up some tomatoes
  • add chopped cucumbers or onions if you'd like
  • sprinkle on some salt and pepper
  • sprinkle on some chopped basil
  • toss with vinaigrette- I used balsamic vinaigrette
  • toss mixture with homemade croutons or spoon over crostini
  • finish with a little sea salt, more black pepper and a little good olive oil

homemade croutons
  • slice a baguette into cubes (excellent way to use up day-old bread)
  • spray on a little olive oil (preferably a spray bottle that you fill up)
  • sprinkle with salt and pepper
  • bake at 400 degrees until golden
This photo does not do this delicious salad any justice. I took the photo in the ultra bright sunlight at mid-day which washed out the vivid orange and red color of the heirloom tomatoes. I made this salad for lunch and then made it again for dinner with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment